Thursday, June 26, 2014

Baked Zucchini Chips




I received a phone call from a dear friend to ask about a recipe of baked zucchini I served over a year ago.  Wow!  That felt good, I made an impression from that long ago!  That evening I served baked zucchini, beets and sweet potato chips.  I used various seasonings that I liked.  The key here is to use what you love.  Cumin, garlic salt, Mrs. Dash, Tony's, paprika, sesame seeds etc., whatever inspires you.  Most importantly, slice them thin!  Mandolin is imperative, unless you have the patience of Job.  I clearly do not.  God Bless my scary friend the mandolin!  I spent big bucks on you to get the very best and you rewarded me one Easter by taking off part of my thumb.  Lesson learned, BE CAREFUL, use the guard!!






So here my dear friend, just for you!

Baked Zucchini Chips
The Chef in My Head
  • zucchinis (beets, sweet potatoes etc.), sliced very thin with a mandolin 
  • cooking oil spray (I used olive oil)
  • salt (or any seasoning you prefer, I love Tony's)
Preheat oven to 225°F. 
Thinly slice the zucchini. I used the thinnest setting on my mandolin. Place the zucchini slices onto a baking sheet lined with Silpat or parchment paper. Very lightly spray with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt or seasonings of your choice
Depending on your oven, bake for 35-45 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn. When done, remove chips from baking sheet and place them on a plate and let cool.

Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: serves 2-4



Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!