Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vernell's Bacon Wrapped Apricots Stuffed with Almonds


Photo: Finecooking.com


So I really cannot believe that after all of the hard work I put into this Christmas party, that I took so few pictures and absolutely none of my table settings with all of the food.  Errrrr.  I guess there's always next year.  I swiped this recipe from a wonderful friend a few years ago and she is an amazing cook. They, like her, are always a huge hit at a party.  I have never managed to make enough of them, they disappear really fast!

Vernell's Bacon Wrapped Apricots Suffed with Almonds with Plum/Cherry Sauce

1 pound thin sliced bacon, maple smoked
2 (16 ounce) packages of Dried Apricots
1 (16 ounce) package dry roasted Almonds
1 (8 ounce) jar Cherry preserves
1 (8 ounce) jar Plum preserves
2 Tbls Soy Sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut bacon slices into thirds.  
Press 1 Almond into each Apricot through the hole the pit was removed from.
Wrap each stuffed apricot in 1 slice pre-cut bacon and pierce with serving pick.  Place on cooking sheet and bake approximately 15 to 20 minutes to cook bacon to just before crisp.  For dipping sauce, combine both jars of preserves and heat over med-low heat in small saucepan until hot.  Serve sauce along side apricots for dipping.  Note:  Apricots can be served at room temperature with warm dipping sauce.

Enjoy, Merry Christmas!
-LeslieMichele


Print this Recipe

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! recipe and I love the Plum/Cherry sauce.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just made these for NYE. I didn't have any maple flavoured bacon so I used Fryere's smoked beechwood bacon from Costco. They were a hit.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!