Monday, January 3, 2011

Turkey Meatballs With An Asian Flair Dipping Sauce

In my endeavor to find healthy food that tastes great, I happened upon Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes.  I now get her updates daily and I love her recipes.  You guys know me; lots of butter, lots of olive oil, lots of cream, the more decadent the better.  I am learning, though it is a struggle, that I can make healthy food taste great too.  I am taking cues from people that do it on a regular basis and do it well.  I am modifying a bit here and there to get the flavors I love while trying to be health conscious along with satisfying my Texas taste buds.  "A tall order" we would say down here.

As I said, I'm taking cues from the best.  Here is my version of Gina's Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce.    Thank you Gina, you are an inspiration!!

More filling that you would expect!

Turkey Meatballs with an Asian Flair Dipping Sauce, adapted from Gina's Skinny Recipes
The Chef In My Head

1/2 C Panko bread crumbs
1-1/4 lbs lean ground turkey
1 egg white
1-1/2 T. ginger shaved on micro plane
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1-1/2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1 T low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil

Dipping Sauce

4 T low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
juice of 1 lime
3/4 tsp fresh grated lime rind
2 chopped green onions
2 T water

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.  Spray olive oil cooking spray on baking rack over foil lined baking sheet and set aside.

Combine all ingredients for meatballs lightly with hands.  Do not overmix or meatballs will become mushy.  Shape 1/4 C. meat mixture into a ball and transfer to baking rack over baking sheet.  Continue with remain meat mixture.   Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.

For the Dipping Sauce: 
Combine all ingredients and set aside for dipping/serving with meatballs.

NOTES: 

The meatballs can be shaped and the dipping sauce can be assembled ahead of time making dinner a breeze.

Serve over brown rice to catch the delicious dipping sauce along with an Asian inspired salad. 

As an appetizer, make smaller balls and bake ahead of time, reheat to serve.


post signature

Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!