Friday, July 2, 2010

Fresh Blackberry Gelato & Peach with Grand Marnier Gelato

Gorgeous Blackberries!!

My sweet and amazing sister Claire, and my precious angels (my nephew and niece) Jackson and Sydney are visiting us from Greensboro, NC.  We have been having a great time playing with the chickens, going on adventures, rides with Uncle Jess in the sports car, and  on this particular day, we took the kids to pick peaches and blackberries.  We went to a farm just on the edge of Fredericksburg at a place called Psencik Farm.  We were blessed with a beautiful cloudy day and a nice breeze.  We picked a bunch of peaches and a ton of blackberries.  I have never had a blackberry pulled from the plant and straight into my mouth, so sweet, so juicy and warmed by the sun.  Nothing better!!


Sydney and Jackson

We haven't done anything with the peaches yet, but the blackberries, that's a different story.  Blackberry cobbler is my husband's favorite, so that is what I made first.  Sadly it was devoured before I could get a photo for you :-(   Today I was perusing though the blogs and ran across Tasty Eats At Home where she made a Strawberry Gelato, it sounded too easy and too tasty to pass up.  I swapped the strawberries for my fabulous blackberries and voila! 



Fresh Blackberry Gelato

12 oz fresh blackberries

1 1/2 c heavy cream
1 c milk
3/4 c white sugar (can substitute agave nectar if desired, just use a bit less – like 1/2 cup)
1 t vanilla extract
1 t fresh lemon juice

Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until no large blackberry chunks remain. Pour into the bowl of an ice cream maker and process according to the directions on the ice cream maker. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
Blackberry Gelato

Peach with Grand Marnier Gelato

I also made Peach with Grand Marnier Gelato, one of my all-time favorite flavors!  The peaches were ripe and delicious.  I scored the skin on the end of the peaches and dropped them into boiling water to loosen the skins.  They came right off!  Pulled the pit out and followed the same recipe for the blackberries but added about 1-1/2 T. of the Grand Marnier.

YUM!



post signature

Print this Recipe

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous! Thanks for sharing this recipe - it looks delicious & how perfect for summer - Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!