Monday, January 11, 2010

Chicken Gorgonzola with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Artichokes & Cremini Mushrooms

This is one of my favorite dinners. Truly, in my opinion, EVERYTHING taste good with a cream sauce. If you need to reduce the calories in this recipe, you can cut back on the amount of butter and the heavy cream, but why? What if that truck has your name on it tomorrow, look what you would have missed? If you are a caper lover, go ahead and add them! I have made many variations of this recipe such as, skipping the pasta, lightly bread the chicken (as for picatta), omit the cream and up the lemon juice. Easy enough for week-night dinner and elegant enough for a dinner party. For a dinner party, I would probably add Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms for an appetizer, serve with a Ceasar Salad, Crusty French Bread and a Lemon Tart for dessert. Let me know what you think!
Serves 4
1/2 C Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I use dried ones, you can also use oil-packed, drained well)
2 Chicken breast, skinless, halved & lightly pounded out to about 1/2 inch thick
1 pound fettuccine pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
3 Tbl Olive Oil
2 Tbl Butter
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 pound Cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 C canned artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tsp dried tarragon
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1/2 C dry white wine
1/2 C chicken stock
1/2 C crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 C Heavy Cream
1/4 Parmesan, shredded for garnish
Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and saute' until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate, do not clean skillet.
Cook pasta until just tender, Drain and drizzle with tiny bit of olive oil and toss to keep it from sticking together.
Meanwhile, reheat skillet to medium-high heat, add butter. Add garlic; saute until tender. Add sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, tarragon and salt & pepper; saute for about 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice, white wine and chicken stock. Return chicken to pan together with vegetables, cover and reduce heat to medium, for approximately 10-15 minutes.
Uncover, add Gorgonzola and heavy cream, stir to combine and heat through.
Serve over pasta and garnish with Parmesan. Enjoy!

Print this Recipe

4 comments:

  1. I love artichokes and mushrooms as an ingredient combination, add pasta and I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yummy, I will have to try this recipe, it looks delicious. I'm also going to try several other wonderful dishes from your blog as well. Your going to make a cook out of me yet thanks to The Chef In My Head - Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good. I've bookmarked it and will make it as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks amazing, I will have to make this! Nice website.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!