Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Official Launch of Supper Club Saturdays

My husband and I, with some friends of ours(they are all great cooks), have decided to start our own Supper Club! I have always wanted to be a part of one but I never imagined we would have such an amazing collection of creative culinary geniuses(them, not me, well maybe in my head)! We will be starting it in April and I can hardly wait!!
I saw the beginning of our Supper Club as a great opportunity to have you, all my great foodie friends, join in the fun!
I know for a fact you all have great recipes and wonderful ideas! So here's my plan.....
I am launching "Supper Club Saturdays" officially today and every Saturday! This will be a place for you to post any of your fabulous recipes(any or all courses), dinner party ideas, pictures of that beautiful china you inherited, table settings, etc. Anything related to the wonderful pastime of gathering around a table! I will provide a "Mister Linky" for you to add the URL back to your post along with the photo!!
Here is all I really ask.
1~ I know we post our recipes to lots of sites for our great love of sharing but also I realize it's a great way to direct traffic back to our individual blogs. So I hope you will take the time to visit the other blogs and leave a sweet comment or two. I know I try very hard to do this and some weeks I fail miserably. I promise to do a better job at that too! I have made the most wonderful and dear friends through this crazy blog world. You never know, your newest friend might be listed right next you :)
2~ Please link directly to your recipe post, not your blog URL. We want it to be easy to find your special recipe and then find it again later. I know we will all find new blogs and fabulous recipes! Please share the love by linking back here in your own post. It's as simple as adding a line at the bottom of your recipe :)
Looking forward to following in the footsteps of the ultra successful Tasty Tuesdays!
Here's the Steak Milanese with Chimichuri Sauce, which frankly we decided we could eat it on anything and we wouldn't care. The sauce was deeeeelicious!
Steak Milanese with Chimichuri Sauce
Steak:
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 C flour
1/2 Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
4 T Olive Oil
1 pound cube steak, pounded out VERY thin(4 portions)
Chimichuri Sauce:
3/4 C packed Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
3/4 C packed Fresh Cilantro
1/3 C Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 C Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 large cloves of Garlic
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Combine all ingredients into bowl of food processor and pulse until chopped and combined well.
Transfer to small serving bowl, cover and let flavors blend for at least 2 hours. You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator, but I'd be surprised if you have any.
Serving ideas: Over toasted slices of baguette, grilled chicken, shrimp, filet mignon, pork medallions, grilled fish etc.
Steak Milanese with Chimichuri Sauce | Key Ingredient

Print this Recipe

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely chimichuri sauce. I'll have to give it a try. I'd planned to have London broil for dinner tonight and this will be a great opportunity to give yours a test run. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for Saturday Supper Club! I'll try to play along:D
    Your steak with chimichuri sauce sounds like a wonderful start. I could go for some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'aime beaucoup ta recette.
    Bonne idée, The Saturday Supper club. Je vais y réfléchir.
    Bon dimanche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an awesome event! I've always wanted to take part in a supper club. Maybe once my friends start cooking more...

    This steak sounds delicious. I love a good chimichurri sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for stopping by!! You can post all week. Next week's Saturday Supper Club will be posted while on our trip to NC! ~LeslieMichele

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super SUpper Club...am loving ur club...cheers and all the best....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a Saturday night Supper Club. As I sit here thinking, we have a lot of friends who like to cook. But mostly West Texas barbeque. We would have to have some sort of barbeque clause in our verbal agreement addressing just that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sauce sounds so yum! I love the way you've prepared it.
    Have a wonderful week~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gosh ,u sure had me thrilled,was excited about ur wonderful club and did feel a tingle,a good one that am the first but u topped it babes ,with the best news u could give me:-))))
    Boy ,am i happy!!!!!
    vanillastrawberryspringfields@gmail.com ,yeah looking foward to ur mail:-)))))
    and yeah here's for some dessert too!!!
    Am so excited that i wanna link all dinners here:-))))
    cheers and happy day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was real excited with ur supper club and did feel a tingle when was the first ,while adding the link....but now u take it rite ahead and get me so excited about the prize too,will sure have to post about that too and yeah i feel like i wanna link all my dinners here and fill ur page (its like a discreet,may i? ) lol, and for now u have something for the cafe after dinner or maybe hot chocolate w a shot of espresso???
    And boy my inbox so awaits ur email
    vanillastrawberryspringfields@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. Love the sauce. I've never made chimichuri. Looks like I'm missing something. Thanks for stopping by my kitchen.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the supper club idea so much I wrote a book about it"Friends at the Table"--coming out later this summer!
    Just discovered your blog--great stuff here!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!