Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11, Where were you?

Photo Source: Fox News

It should have been just a normal day.  On 9/11 I was at home living in San Antonio, TX. I was getting ready for work and listening to the news in the other room. I heard about the first plane hitting the first tower and sat watched TV from the foot of my bed as the the second one hit, and then the Pentagon. Both my son and daughter were already at school, so I left to pick them up.   On the way home we went by my office, picked up my secretary and together we spent the next several hours at our church nearby.  Together with several hundred other people, we prayed for the victims, their families, our President and for our country’s healing. Things seemed so surreal that day and felt so odd, everyone looked a little numb and walked around in shock.  I think we all knew, things would be different.  Looking back, it helped to be close with one another, but I remember feeling numb for several days while the news of further events unfolded. The news was crazy and frightening, not knowing what else could possibly come. Yes, it should have been just a normal day, but it wasn't.  So now we are a lot less naive and maybe feel a little more vulnerable, but we are wiser now too and with stronger resolve.  Maybe we don't take things for granted quite as much.  Just maybe there is something positive to be gained from all of this.  Just maybe we can each be a little kinder to each other when we pass on the street as we go through our "normal" days, because you just never know.  The positive in all of this for our family, we took time to pause and give thanks for each other, our country and the American spirit and it brought us all closer together. Since then, my daughter has joined the Coast Guard, our son is in the Air Force and we have a son-in-law that is a helicopter pilot in Iraq with the Army.

We will NEVER FORGET and we will ALWAYS REMEMBER.

God bless our troops and their families and God Bless America.

Where were you that day??

post signature

Print this Recipe

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, this was a wonderful post. As long as there are good souls such as you what happened that day will never be forgotten. I hope this day treats you kindly. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful post. We will always remember.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!