Monday, February 14, 2011

Busy Busy! Smoothies and Nina's Fabulous Radish Dip

Well it appears I have failed miserably at my goal of blogging more consistently but honestly there has been a ton of stuff going on! 

Here is my creamy, delicious and healthy smoothie I started my day with!  So easy, 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice, 1 banana, 1-4 ounce container 0% Fat Organic Greek Yogurt, a scoop of Protein Powder and 1/2 cup of ice.  Blend well and enjoy!!

Creamy and yummy!

Let's see......Superbowl and finally succeeding in getting Nina's Fabulous Radish Dip (I have been desperate for this recipe since Halloween, it was well worth the wait!)

Nina's Fabulous Radish Dip

Nina's Fabulous Radish Dip

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 C. mayonnaise or sour cream
2 T. sweet onion, minced
4-6 radishes, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 jalapenos, minced
1 T. Ranch Dressing Mix powder
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
dash celery salt

Fold all ingredients together and let flavors marry before serving.  Nina says let your tastes decide how much jalapeno, radishes, seasonings etc.  She will sometimes add fresh dill if she has it on hand.  More or less celery salt depending on what she is serving it with (chips, veggies, whatever).  Play with it a little and make it your own.

I prepared mine with low fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream.  I could not tell that it effected the taste at all.  I used purple onion for the color.  Considering the ingredients, it is not too spicy or too hot at all.  Remember the dairy cools down the heat from the jalapenos, radishes, cayenne and the pepper flakes.  I made it and it was gone in one afternoon.  I used it to butter large tortillas and made veggie wraps with it.  It was great!!  This is my new favorite dip.  Honestly, that puts it above Queso and above Spinach Dip, never thought that would happen in my lifetime.

Thank you Nina!!  We LOVE it!!

Raising (and protecting from the freeze) my small flock of chickens.  Still cranking out eggs and sharing them with friends.

Betty Jean Laying An Egg
(Sorry Betty Jean, I guess that's a rather private moment)

Eva and Zsa Zsa (Silkies)

Look at that chicken, I think Big Bird was a Silkie!

Acting like rednecks sliding down the driveway for my birthday.  We couldn't go anywhere because of the ice, but had a blast with the neighbors anyway!  Peppermint Schapps and Hot Chocolate, mmmmm good!

The trick here, watch out for the truck,
the cinder blocks or going off the hill!!

Gavin from next door making snow angels

My daughter Elise Nicole and Li'i

Glad we haven't planted the beds yet!

Went to the Grand Opening of the New Bulverde HEB Plus!!  It's amaaaazing!  So much bigger and so much more product, can't wait to get cooking!  Kellogg and HEB donated $20,000 smackaroos to the local Bulverde Food Pantry!  Tons of people showed up and samples galore throughout the store!  I feel a quick ten extra pounds coming on!  Now we wait for construction to be completed on Jess's store in Boerne.  HEB is growing by leaps and square footage around here!!

Our friends Randy with Kellogg (argyle sweater) and
Beautiful Melissa with the Food Pantry (black leather vest)

Delishhhhh!

Pretty snazzy huh? 
This is how we demo Bar-B-Q in Texas!

And last but certainly not least, I am planning my garden!  Hope to have a little (or a lot) of the vegetables I cook with frequently.  I am praying my Kale grows in abundance. To the garden, I am adding marigolds, nasturtiums, tansy, zinnias and alyssum to help with the bugs.  I have another area separate from the vegetable garden just for herbs.  Lots of basil (for lots of pesto), French tarragon, parsley, cilantro and thyme.  Wish me luck!

I hope Jess likes it!!  We can do it Honey, no worries!!


P.S.  Please don't feel too bad about the fact that I have been too busy to blog, my Christmas Tree is still in my living room :/

Happy Valentine's Day!
post signature

Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!