Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Strawberries & Blackberries with Limoncello

Strawberries & Blackberries with Limoncello

I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite Food Network buddies, Ina Garten.  Oh yes, I consider her a friend, she's on my TV, therefore in my house more than most people or even my husband for that matter.  Yeah, we go way back.
I have made several versions of her original recipe many times and it always has rave reviews!  Don't think for a second that it's a girly kind of dish, the men all love it too.  I can't decide if it's the macerated fruit in the Limoncello or the amazing sauce with the lemon curd in it, you will have to decide for yourself.  It looks so wonderful if you can serve it in a clear dessert dish of some kind.  Come to think of it, the last time I made it and served it in wine glasses.  This time I used plain white coffee cups, just as good, but not as pretty, oh well.

Strawberries & Blackberries with Limoncello (adapted from Ina's Fruit Salad with Limoncello)

7 ounces Greek yogurt
1/3 C good bottled lemon curd
1 T honey
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 C sliced strawberries
1-1/2 C fresh blackberries
2 T sugar
3 T limoncello liqueur
Fresh mint (optional for garnish)

For the lemon yogurt topping, whisk together the yogurt, lemon curd, honey, vanilla and grated lemon rind and set aside at room temperature.

For the fruit salad, carefully toss together the berries, sugar and limoncello.  Allow them to stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes to let the berries macerate with the sugar and liqueur.

Serve the bowl of berries with a dollop of lemon yogurt on top.  Top each with a sprig of fresh mint.

Note:  I have prepared the berries and the sauce separately the day before and kept in the refrigerator until about an hour before serving.  Turns out great every time!

post signature

Print this Recipe

4 comments:

  1. I like to think that Tyler Florence is my friend and Michael Symon is my fiancee, so I know what you mean about Ina. This limoncello lemon curd sauce of heaven looks so tasty! Perfect over some fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love limoncello and yogurt when combined with fruits. This dessert is simple and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing and I know I would be instantly addicted with the limoncello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious--the photo is beautiful. And since we have lots of berries, it's fresh and do-able. I also enjoy Ina Garten--there's something fresh and elegant about her dishes. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!