Wednesday, March 17, 2010

English Muffin with Mascarpone Cheese & Fresh Strawberries

You'll remember the English Muffins from March 1st, well they (not the same batch) are still debuting around here with new twists. This was stupid simple but really tasty. I still find some of the most enjoyable treats are the ones showcasing a few great ingredients. Thankfully strawberries are back in our lives this time of year. You know, the perfect ones that don't require a bit of sugar because they are delectably sweet and juicy. Mmmmm sinful! English Muffins with Mascarpone Cheese and Fresh Strawberries

English Muffins, halved and toasted

Mascarpone cheese, allow to come to almost room temperature

Strawberries, sliced thinly

Mosto d'uva bianco Pera (white grape must and pear), alternately, you can use balsamic vinegar or white balsamic vinegar

On toasted English muffins, spread Mascarpone cheese and top with fresh strawberries and drizzle White Grape Must and Pear(or balsamic).

See, too simple! Perfect as a snack or an addition to an elegant brunch. Enjoy!

Print this Recipe

11 comments:

  1. Oh...my...goodness. Anything with strawberries are perfection in my book but with the mascarpone on top of a muffin, well, it just has to be even better. I love that combo of flavors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of a sweet treat! This looks tantalizing and sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! It looks great! Love those strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful sweet treat, sounds wonderful for breakfast or any time a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberries with mascarpone are such a wonderful combination. The English muffins also sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est tout simplement bon.
    See soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love simple ideas like this. They definitely are the best. Strawberries aren't quite in season here yet, but as soon as there are - you know what I'll be having for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! This looks wonderful and a great way to start a morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful picture! I'm hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks delicious and reminds me that I love this combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful! I can't wait to try them, soon! Just have to go get some mascarpone...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!