Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beautiful Summer Figs and Scrumptious Blue Cheese

Beautiful Blue Cheese Stuffed Figs

We planted a Brown Turkey Fig Tree about two years ago.  Last year with the drought, I was really surprised it survived.  It seemed touch and go for awhile.  Then the winter that followed was an unbelievable hard freeze.  I never saw those growing instructions on the tag when we planted it, but it must have been just the right thing for it.  We can't keep up with all the figs!  I guess I'm going to have to start freezing them and make preserves.

For now, we are having this delicious appetizer pretty frequently and we love it.  So easy and fast to throw together and beautiful too!

Blue Cheese Stuffed Figs

Your favorite blue cheese
Figs

Slice figs in half and press a small chunk of blue cheese into each half.  Put figs on baking sheet cut/blue cheese side up.  Place under broiler.  When the cheese begins to bubble, remove from oven and serve.


post signature

Print this Recipe

5 comments:

  1. My dad has had two fig trees since I was a kid and those things are SURVIVORS. This is one scrumptious appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have a fig tree! I love them and have a hard time finding them fresh here. These are scrumptious with blue cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have my own fig tree...how wonderful! My husband would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, great idea! I'll do that today. But I'll use some Brie cheese I have in my fridge...:P

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and I can't wait to read your comments. I will stop by your blog shortly!